If the frame is the "heart" of a bicycle, the wheels are the "soul".
If you only ride a set constant speed, then wheel weight isn't much concern. However, in the real world, there is always a change in pace - terrain, wind, traffic or the random urge to just "go".
Reducing rotating weight greatly increases the responsiveness of your bike and are just all around more fun to ride - when you press on the pedal, the bike "jumps" forward with an eager liveliness that is addicting.
Wabi Sub-15 700C Superlight wheels are especially great for climbing or commuting where constant stops and starts amplify the awareness of rotating mass.
This wheelset features double wall, aero profile 7301 A Rim. With a combined weight of 1475g these hand built wheels have final tensioning, lateral and vertical truing and pre-stressing, done here at Wabi Cycles in Oklahoma. Wheels include rim strips, and a lock ring for a fixed cog. The rear hub is a flip-flop design, fixed threading on both sides allows the use of fixed or freewheel on either or both sides of the hub.
- Superlight at 1475g/set (704g front, 771g rear)
- Silky smooth sealed bearing hubs
- Bolt on design is lighter than nuts and doesn't damage dropouts
- True 410g rims- superlight and compliant for a great ride
- 14/17 double butted stainless spokes (20 radial spokes front, 24 2-cross pattern rear)
- Aluminum spoke nipples
- Hand finished truing and pre-stressing
- Threading on both sides allows flip flop options
- 100mm front, 120mm rear
Need tires? Give us a call to add stock or custom order tires/tubes to your new wheelset.