The Classic is the core model in our lineup--Reynolds 725 steel, rock-solid components and our clean look at under 19 pounds. Each bike is built to order along with your choice of handlebars, saddles and more.
Check here for our latest estimated turnaround time for builds. Timing can vary based on our backlog of orders. See link for more info.
Our current colors are:
- Cosmic Red: a metallic red.
- Rhodium Blue: a metallic dark blue/gray.
- Alpine Gray: a light gray
- Bone White (only available in 49 and 52cm): an off-white/cream.
- Custom colors are available as an option. See our FAQ for the process.
Out of stock on a certain color / size or want a discount? Check out our Imprefect Classic frameset page. These are framesets with very minor cosmetic issues at a discount. We can use these frames for builds and apply the $50 discount to the build. Contact us if interested.
BUILT FOR THE LONG ROAD, READY FOR THE STREETS
If you’re a road cyclist looking to make the leap to single speed or fixed gear—whether for training, an added challenge, or to try something new—the Wabi Classic is made for you. With frame geometry that’s relaxed but not slouchy, it’s perfect for long distance head-up riding while remaining aggressive enough to tuck in and give those pedals hell.
If mashing down city streets is more your style, the Wabi Classic's short wheelbase gives you a nimble ride for dodging taxis or bunny-hopping any rip-rap that gets in your way.
IN STEEL WE TRUST
At about 19 pounds, the Wabi Classic is one of the lightest all-steel fixed gear bikes around. And it’s all thanks to Reynolds 725 Chromoly steel. As a double-butted tubing, Reynolds 725 has thinner walls throughout its length while its critical connection points are thicker to allow for stronger welds. It’s also heat-treated for greater durability and rigidity than the more-common 4130 Chromoly steel used in lower-end framesets. TIG welded by hand, this frame is as strong as it is sleek.
ROCK SOLID COMPONENTS
Our builds feature rock-solid components that bring together the quality, performance and minimalist aesthetic that you expect from Wabi.
Components are curated to ensure light weight and clean lines while not sacrificing performance - or breaking the bank. We source direct from well-regarded brands like Andel, Tektro and Tange - all in our no-logo approach.
- Frame: TIG-welded Reynolds 725 double butted, heat treated tubing.
- Wheels: Lightweight (1725g) 700c 32 spoke wheels with black machined rims, silver sealed-bearing, flip-flop hubs and silver double-butted spokes.
- Crankset: Cold-forged alloy 170mm crank arms, 144BCD.
- Gearing: 46T chainring with both 18T freewheel and fixed cog. Freewheel/single speed on drive side is default.
- Chain: 1/2" x 3/32" single speed chain.
- Brakes: Forged aluminum dual pivot caliper brakes, front and rear
- Saddle: Synthetic leather in choice of racing, sport of comfort fit.
- Seatpost: 27.2mm alloy post with 24mm setback single-bolt design.
- Stem: 26mm clamp with -17 degree rise for that classic horizontal stem look.
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless sealed-bearing design.
- Handlebars: Alloy bars in your choice of 5 styles.
- Tires: 700C x 28mm performance road tires.
- Weight: ~18.5 pounds (55cm)
For the default stem lengths and handelbar widths by frame size, see the bottom of our geometry page.
BUILT TO ORDER...AND CUSTOMIZE
Every Wabi is assembled to order - from the frame up - so you can customize it the way you want. Pick your component colors, bar types, saddle type and more during the order process at no extra cost. Want to also change the gear ratio, stem length or handlebar width? It's free. Just let us know in the 'Build Requests / Instructions' comment box or contact us after purchase.
We also offer lots of high-quality upgrades and accessories - from brands such as Brooks, Sugino, SRAM, Phil Wood, Fizik and more - at a significant discount to the traditional retail price. Check out our options explained page more for more info. Want something else? Contact us and we can spec it for you.
We highly recommend review our sizing page before purchasing. We recommend looking at both your height and your actual inseam / standover height. The guide below can also provide some general guidelines.
|RIDER HEIGHT||FRAME SIZE||STANDOVER HEIGHT|
|5'4 - 5'7||49CM||30.2IN|
|5'7 - 5'10||52CM||31.3IN|
|5'10 - 6'1||55CM||32.5IN|
|6'1 - 6'3||58CM||33.6IN|
|6'3 - 6'6||60CM||34.8IN|
You can also find a complete geometry chart on our tech / geometry page.
Check out our FAQ/Knowledge Base for most questions.
Assembly. Note that our bikes come 90%+ assembled and most customers can assemble themselves. This saves you the time and cost of taking the bike to a bike shop for assembly. Note: 60cm Classics require additional assembly due to the size constraints of the shipping box.
Upgrade options explained. This will help explain the upgrades in the dropdown menus and well as other options that are not on the menu.