The Wabi Thunder is a versatile build that can go Urban or Cross/Gravel. Using our Thunder frameset and CX/Urban wheelset, it takes wide tires (up to 44mm), lots of fender/rack options and a serious beating--all at just over 20 lbs.
The current colors are Desert Turquoise, a medium turquoise, and Smoky Topaz, a dark pearlized bronze.
We have mostly 55 and 58cm sizes at this time, with a few smaller sizes. They will start shipping the week of November 14th.
The Wabi Thunder is our most versatile model - be it cyclocross, bikepacking or commuting. It features a TIG-welded, Reynolds 725 frame that allow for wider tires (up to 44mm), a full set of eyelets for fenders and racks along with a great component group.
- Frame/Fork: TIG-welded Reynolds 725 double-butted, heat-treated tubing.
- Wheels: Lightweight (1920g) and durable 700c 32 spoke wheels with black machined rims (with eyelets), silver sealed-bearing, flip-flop hubs and silver double-butted spokes.
- Crankset: Cold-forged alloy 170mm, 144BCD.
- Gearing: 46T chainring with both 18T deluxe freewheel and fixed cog.
- Chain: 1/2" x 3/32" single speed chain.
- Brakes: Low profile, forged alloy cantilever brakes.
- Saddle: Synthetic leather in choice of racing or relaxed fit.
- Seatpost: 27.2mm x 250mm alloy post with 24mm setback single-bolt design.
- Stem: 26mm clamp with -17 degree rise for that classic horizontal stem look.
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless sealed-bearing design.
- Handlebars: Alloy bars in your choice of 5 styles.
- Tires: 700C x 35mm urban tires.
- Weight: 20.5 pounds (55cm)
All of our components are white-label products from highly-regarded manufacturers, such as Andel, Tange and Tektro, that we buy direct from the factories.
Built to Order--and Customize
Every Wabi is assembled to order - from the frame up - so you can customize it the way you want. Pick your component colors, bar types, saddle type and more at no extra cost. Just tell us and we can even modify gear ratios, stem lengths or handlebar withs for free too.
We also offer lots of high-quality upgrades and accessories - from brands such as Brooks, Sugino, SRAM, Phil Wood, Fizik and more - at a significant discount to the traditional retail price. Check out our options explained page more for more info. Want something else? Contact us and we can spec it for you.
We highly recommend review our sizing page before purchasing. We recommend looking at both your height and your actual inseam / standover height. The guide below can also provide some general guidelines.
|RIDER HEIGHT||FRAME SIZE||STANDOVER HEIGHT|
|5'4 - 5'7||49CM||30.2IN|
|5'7 - 5'10||52CM||31.3IN|
|5'10 - 6'1||55CM||32.5IN|
|6'1 - 6'3||58CM||33.6IN|
|6'3 - 6'6||60CM||34.8IN|
Get the latest inventory and lead time status for builds. This is where you can find out how long it takes to get a complete build.
Check out our FAQ/Knowledge Base for most questions.
Assembly. Note that our bikes come 90%+ assembled and most customers can assemble themselves. This saves you the time and cost of taking the bike to a bike shop for assembly. Note: 60cms build require more assembly as they need to be disassembled more than usual due to bike box size constraints.
Upgrade options explained. This will help explain the upgrades in the dropdown menus and well as other options that are not on the menu.