A minimalist rack that is our recommended rear option for the Classic, Special and Lightning with Wabi wheels.
The Classic, Special and Lightning weren't designed to be rear rack friendly, but this rack can do the trick if need be. It attaches to the rear brake bolt and the wheel bolts. On the Classic, it can also attach to the eyelet (with a spacer) though it can get in the way of the wheel bolt for removal.
- Double hand-welded tubular 6061 T6 aluminum construction
- Rack profile is designed to improve stability and handling when transporting cargo
- Sweep back foot design provides additional heel/pannier clearance
- Sweep back feet mount to eyelets or quick-release skewer
- Extra long (280mm) upper caliper mount
- Compatible with 700c wheel sizes only
- Comes in black only.
Given the short chain stay length on Wabis, you can get heel strike on larger panniers on these racks. You can see the Axiom Journey rack as an option with more clearance.