Our Wabi Sub-15s are probably the lightest alloy single speed/fixed gear wheelset on the market at 1475grams - without sacrificing performance or style.
This wheelset features a a low-flange hub, aero-profile rims with a silver machined braking surface and 20h radial front and 24h cross-laced double-butted spokes. Our specially-designed fixed/fixed hubs, with a little more depth than standard fixed hubs, are designed to easily accept freewheels with no issues for both single speed and fixed riding.
- Super light: 1475g/set (704g front, 771g rear) with rim tape and wheel bolts
- Aero-profile rims with silver machined braking surface.
- Low flange hubs with silky smooth sealed bearing hubs.
- FX/FX rear flip-flop hub can take freewheels or fixed cogs.
- Bolt-on hollow axle design that is also quick release compatible.
- 14/17 double butted stainless spokes (20 radial spokes front, 24 2-cross pattern rear).
- Aluminum spoke nipples.
- 100mm front, 120mm rear axle widths.
- 12.6mm internal rim width.
- Recommended tire widths: 20mm to 32mm.
- Hand finished pre-stressing and truing.
- These wheels are rated for 225 pounds (including cargo).
- Given these are ultra-lightweight, low spoke count wheels, we recommend avoiding unnecessary stress - curb hops, bombing through potholes, etc. - if you want to avoid frequent trueing.
- IMPORTANT: These wheels require rear dropouts that are at least 5mm thick. If they are less than 5mm (or just at 5mm), you'll need a chain tensioner to ensure the proper clamp. See our installation page for more info.
- These wheels are only for 120mm rear dropout widths (OLD) and can't be used or adapted for wider dropout widths like 126mm.
See our installation page for guidance, including torque recommendations. Replacement wheel bearings also available.
Need tires? Give us a call or send us a message to install tires and tubes on your new wheelset.