Wabi Sub-15 Superlight 700C Single Speed/Fixed Wheelset
Our Wabi Sub-15 700C Superlight wheels are a great performance option for those looking for fast acceleration, easier climbing or just an all-silver or all-black wheelset to complement your build.
|RIDER HEIGHT||FRAME SIZE||STANDOVER HEIGHT|
|5'4 - 5'7||49CM||30.2IN|
|5'7 - 5'10||52CM||31.3IN|
|5'10 - 6'1||55CM||32.5IN|
|6'1 - 6'3||58CM||33.6IN|
|6'3 - 6'6||60CM||34.8IN|
If you only ride a set constant speed, then wheel weight isn't much concern. However, in the real world, there is always a change in pace - terrain, wind, traffic or the random urge to just "go".
Reducing rotating weight greatly increases the responsiveness of your bike and are just all around more fun to ride - when you press on the pedal, the bike "jumps" forward with an eager liveliness that is addicting.
This wheelset features double wall, aero profile 7301 A Rim. With a combined weight of 1475g these hand built wheels have final tensioning, lateral and vertical truing and pre-stressing, done here at Wabi Cycles in Colorado. Wheels include rim strips, and a lock ring for a fixed cog. The rear hub is a flip-flop design, fixed threading on both sides allows the use of fixed or freewheel on either or both sides of the hub.
- Super light at 1475g/set (704g front, 771g rear)
- Silky smooth sealed bearing hubs
- Bolt on design with a hollow axle is lighter than solid threaded axles and doesn't damage dropouts. This also makes the wheels quick release compatible.
- True 410g rims- super light and compliant for a great ride
- 14/17 double butted stainless spokes (20 radial spokes front, 24 2-cross pattern rear)
- Aluminum spoke nipples
- Hand finished truing and pre-stressing
- Threading on both sides allows flip flop options
- 100mm front, 120mm rear axle widths (OLD)
- 12.6mm ID rim width
- These wheels are rated for 225 pounds (including cargo).
- Given these are ultra-lightweight, low spoke count wheels, we recommend avoiding unnecessary stress - curb hops, bombing through potholes, etc. - if you want to avoid frequent trueing.
- IMPORTANT: These wheels require rear dropouts that are at least 5mm thick. If they are less than 5mm (or just at 5mm), you'll need a chain tensioner to ensure the proper clamp. See our installation page for more info.
- These wheels are only for 120mm rear dropout widths (OLD) and can't be used or adapted for wider dropout widths like 126mm.
Need tires? Give us a call or send us a message to install tires and tubes on your new wheelset.
Best wheels. Super stocked.
Thank you for the excellent product and great service!
Wabi Sub-15 wheelset
I ordered a set of the sub-15s last summer. These wheels are the absolute best I have ever owned, at 1475 grams for the wheelset I managed to chop nearly TWO FULL POUNDS off of my bike, which would be a very noticeable difference in general but considering the fact that we are talking about rolling resistance, the changes were out of this world. When you factor in the price of them you can't really understand how Wabi is able to still maintain such an amazing quality and high performing wheel, but they do. Very stiff, very true, and they hold up very well over time. 1 year of daily commuting including hard bursts of spirited riding and they appear to be just as true as when I received them. I am always trying to push the boundaries of my experience and so have spent some time over this winter trying to see how I could possibly reduce the weight of these wheels further, but I have not been able to come up with a single thing to do that would be cost effective and yield a decent result. My Wabi special weighs in the 16lb range currently thanks to these wheels. Wabi has really put together an incredibly solid package and I salute them for doing so. Thank you :)
Great experience, great wheel
The team was right on it with my question and the wheel shipped fast, in sturdy boxing. The wheel feels great, a huge improvement in the feel of my ride and shaved real, noticeable weight for me.
These wheels totally transformed my riding experience. The best wheels to shave some weight off your bike without compromising strength. I highly recommend these wheels.