Our Wabi Sub-15s are probably the lightest alloy single speed/fixed gear wheelset on the market at 1475grams - without sacrificing performance or style.
This wheelset features a a low-flange hub, aero-profile rims with a silver machined braking surface and 20h radial front and 24h cross-laced double-butted spokes. Our specially-designed fixed/fixed hubs, with a little more depth than standard fixed hubs, are designed to easily accept freewheels with no issues for both single speed and fixed riding.
- Super light: 1475g/set (704g front, 771g rear) with rim tape and wheel bolts
- Aero-profile rims with silver machined braking surface.
- Low flange hubs with silky smooth sealed bearing hubs.
- FX/FX rear flip-flop hub can take freewheels or fixed cogs.
- Bolt-on hollow axle design that is also quick release compatible.
- 14/17 double butted stainless spokes (20 radial spokes front, 24 2-cross pattern rear).
- Aluminum spoke nipples.
- 100mm front, 120mm rear axle widths.
- 12.6mm internal rim width.
- Recommended tire widths: 20mm to 32mm.
- Hand finished pre-stressing and truing.
- These wheels are rated for 225 pounds (including cargo).
- Given these are ultra-lightweight, low spoke count wheels, we recommend avoiding unnecessary stress - curb hops, bombing through potholes, etc. - if you want to avoid frequent trueing.
- IMPORTANT: These wheels require rear dropouts that are at least 5mm thick. If they are less than 5mm (or just at 5mm), you'll need a chain tensioner to ensure the proper clamp. See our installation page for more info.
- These wheels are only for 120mm rear dropout widths (OLD) and can't be used or adapted for wider dropout widths like 126mm.
Need tires? Give us a call or send us a message to install tires and tubes on your new wheelset.