The Special is our lugged frame option with that unique look and feel of lugs that can go more vintage or modern depending on how you build it.
The upcoming colors are Glacier Green, a medium metallic green, and Sunburst Yellow, a pearlized metallic golden yellow. Plus, custom colors are available.
BUILT FOR THE PURIST
For many cyclists, the ultimate bicycle starts with a high quality steel frame, using low temperature brazing and lugs to join the tubes. Lugged steel bike frames offer a road feel unlike any other design, but not all lugged steel frames are created equal.
The Wabi Special uses a fully hand-brazed frame, built by specially trained frame builders in Taiwan. The difference in the Wabi Special is that these builders are trained by one of the top hand-built frame builders from Japan.
The Special features our Wabi hybrid track-road frame geometry - designed to be nimble for quick dashes through the city or comfortable for long rides on the backroads.
Our builds feature rock-solid components that bring together the quality, performance and minimalist aesthetic that you expect from Wabi.
- Frame: Fully lugged, brazed construction of Reynolds 725 double butted, heat treated tubing.
- Wheels: Lightweight (1725g) 700c 32 spoke wheels with black machined rims, silver sealed-bearing, flip-flop hubs and silver double-butted spokes.
- Crankset: Cold-forged alloy 170mm, 144BCD.
- Gearing: 46T chainring with both 18T freewheel and fixed cog.
- Chain: 1/2" x 3/32" single speed chain.
- Saddle: Synthetic leather in choice of racing or relaxed fit.
- Seatpost: 27.2mm x 250mm alloy post with 24mm setback single-bolt design.
- Stem: 26mm clamp with -17 degree rise for that classic horizontal stem look.
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless sealed-bearing design.
- Handlebars: Alloy bars in your choice of 5 styles.
- Tires: 700C x 23mm performance road tires.
- Weight: 18.5 pounds (55cm)
BUILT TO ORDER...AND CUSTOMIZE
Every Wabi is assembled to order - from the frame up - so you can customize it the way you want. Pick your component colors, bar types, saddle type and more at no extra cost. Just tell us and we can even modify gear ratios, stem lengths or handlebar withs for free too.
We also offer lots of high-quality upgrades and accessories - from brands such as Brooks, Sugino, SRAM, Phil Wood, Fizik and more - at a significant discount to the traditional retail price. Check out our options explained page more for more info. Want something else? Contact us and we can spec it for you.
We highly recommend review our sizing page before purchasing. We recommend looking at both your height and your actual inseam / standover height. The guide below can also provide some general guidelines.
|RIDER HEIGHT||FRAME SIZE||STANDOVER HEIGHT|
|5'4 - 5'7||49CM||30.2IN|
|5'7 - 5'10||52CM||31.3IN|
|5'10 - 6'1||55CM||32.5IN|
|6'1 - 6'3||58CM||33.6IN|
|6'3 - 6'6||60CM||34.8IN|
You can also find a complete geometry chart on our tech / geometry page. Note that we don't have weight limits for bicycles, but the Sub 15 wheelset is rated to only 225 lbs.
Get the latest inventory and lead time status for builds. This is where you can find out how long it takes to get a complete build.
Check out our FAQ/Knowledge Base for most questions.
Assembly. Note that our bikes come 90%+ assembled and most customers can assemble themselves. This saves you the time and cost of taking the bike to a bike shop for assembly. Note: 60cms build require more assembly as they need to be disassembled more than usual due to bike box size constraints.
Upgrade options explained. This will help explain the upgrades in the dropdown menus and well as other options that are not on the menu.