Wabi Sub-15 Superlight 700C Single Speed/Fixed Individual Wheels
Our Wabi Sub-15 700C Superlight wheels are a great performance option for those looking for fast acceleration, easier climbing or just an all-silver or all-black wheelset to complement your build. These are for individual wheels. For sets, go here.
|RIDER HEIGHT||FRAME SIZE||STANDOVER HEIGHT|
|5'4 - 5'7||49CM||30.2IN|
|5'7 - 5'10||52CM||31.3IN|
|5'10 - 6'1||55CM||32.5IN|
|6'1 - 6'3||58CM||33.6IN|
|6'3 - 6'6||60CM||34.8IN|
If you only ride a set constant speed, then wheel weight isn't much concern. However, in the real world, there is always a change in pace - terrain, wind, traffic or the random urge to just "go".
Reducing rotating weight greatly increases the responsiveness of your bike and are just all around more fun to ride - when you press on the pedal, the bike "jumps" forward with an eager liveliness that is addicting.
This wheelset features double wall, aero profile 7301 A Rim. With a combined weight of 1475g these hand built wheels have final tensioning, lateral and vertical truing and pre-stressing, done here at Wabi Cycles in Colorado. Wheels include rim strips, and a lock ring for a fixed cog. The rear hub is a flip-flop design, fixed threading on both sides allows the use of fixed or freewheel on either or both sides of the hub.
- Super light at 1475g/set (704g front, 771g rear)
- Silky smooth sealed bearing hubs
- Bolt on design with a hollow axle is lighter than solid threaded axles and doesn't damage dropouts. This also makes the wheels quick release compatible.
- True 410g rims- super light and compliant for a great ride
- 14/17 double butted stainless spokes (20 radial spokes front, 24 2-cross pattern rear)
- Aluminum spoke nipples
- Hand finished truing and pre-stressing
- Threading on both sides allows flip flop options
- 100mm front, 120mm rear axle widths (OLD)
- 12.6mm ID rim width
- These wheels are rated for 225 pounds (including cargo).
- Given these are ultra-lightweight, low spoke count wheels, we recommend avoiding unnecessary stress - curb hops, bombing through potholes, etc. - if you want to avoid frequent trueing.
- IMPORTANT: These wheels require rear dropouts that are at least 5mm thick. If they are less than 5mm (or just at 5mm), you'll need a chain tensioner to ensure the proper clamp. See our installation page for more info.
- These wheels are only for 120mm rear dropout widths (OLD) and can't be used or adapted for wider dropout widths like 126mm.
Need tires? Give us a call or send us a message to install tires and tubes on your new wheelset.