At just over 18 lbs, the Lightning is a bike that changes the steel fixed gear/single speed game. It's the perfect combination of characteristics—light and fast but with that great ride of super light steel.
The new colors are Nitro Orange, a bright pearlized orange, and Crystal Grey, a dark pearlized grey.
Check here for our latest estimated turnaround time for builds and current inventory status. Timing can vary based on our backlog of orders. See link for more info.
For those looking for one of the lightest one gear rides out there, the Lightning delivers. It features a triple-butted Columbus Spirit frame, a sleek carbon fork and our lightweight wheelset for a weight of about 18.5 pounds (55cm).
The Lightning features our Wabi hybrid track-road frame geometry - designed to be nimble for quick dashes through the city or comfortable for long rides on the backroads.
ROCK SOLID COMPONENTS
Our builds feature rock-solid components that bring together the quality, performance and minimalist aesthetic that you expect from Wabi.
Components are curated to ensure light weight, low maintenance and clean lines while not sacrificing performance - or breaking the bank. We source direct from well-regarded brands like Andel, Tektro and Tange - all in our no-logo approach.
- Frame: TIG-welded Columbus Spirit triple butted, heat treated tubing.
- Fork: Carbon fork, with 1-1/8" aluminum steerer tube, painted to match frame.
- Wheels: Lightweight (1725g) 700c 32 spoke wheels with black machined rims, silver sealed-bearing, flip-flop hubs and silver double-butted spokes.
- Crankset: Cold-forged alloy 170mm crank arms, 144BCD.
- Gearing: 46T chainring with both 18T freewheel and fixed cog. Freewheel/single speed on drive side is default.
- Chain: 1/2" x 3/32" single speed chain.
- Brakes: Lightweight, forged aluminum dual pivot caliper brakes
- Saddle: Synthetic leather in choice of racing or relaxed fit.
- Seatpost: 27.2mm alloy post with 24mm setback single-bolt design.
- Stem: 26mm clamp with -17 degree rise for that classic horizontal stem look.
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless sealed-bearing design.
- Handlebars: Alloy bars in your choice of 5 styles.
- Tires: 700C x 23mm performance road tires.
- Weight: 18.5 pounds (55cm)
For the default stem lengths and handlebar widths by frame size, see the bottom of our geometry page.
BUILT TO ORDER...AND CUSTOMIZE
Every Wabi is assembled to order - from the frame up - so you can customize it the way you want. Pick your component colors, bar types, saddle type and more during the order process at no extra cost. Want to also change the gear ratio, stem length or handlebar width? It's free. Just let us know in the 'Build Requests / Instructions' comment box or contact us after purchase.
We also offer lots of high-quality upgrades and accessories - from brands such as Brooks, Sugino, SRAM, Phil Wood, Fizik and more - at a significant discount to the traditional retail price. Check out our options explained page more for more info. Want something else? Contact us and we can spec it for you.
|RIDER HEIGHT||FRAME SIZE||STANDOVER HEIGHT|
|5'4 - 5'7||49CM||30.2IN|
|5'7 - 5'10||52CM||31.3IN|
|5'10 - 6'1||55CM||32.5IN|
|6'1 - 6'3||58CM||33.6IN|
|6'3 - 6'6||60CM||34.8IN|
You can also find a complete geometry chart on our tech / geometry page. Note that we don't have weight limits for bicycles, but the Sub 15 wheelset is rated to only 225 lbs.
Get the latest inventory and lead time status for builds. This is where you can find out how long it takes to get a complete build.
Check out our FAQ/Knowledge Base for most questions.
Assembly. Note that our bikes come 90%+ assembled and most customers can assemble themselves. This saves you the time and cost of taking the bike to a bike shop for assembly. Note: 60cms build require more assembly as they need to be disassembled more than usual due to bike box size constraints.
Upgrade options explained. This will help explain the upgrades in the dropdown menus and well as other options that are not on the menu. Note that Sub 15 wheels have a weight limit of 225 pounds if you are considering that option.